Saturday, May 14, 2016

Yes, I'm Still Alive :)

Well, I have not posted in about 5 months. Where has the time gone? There are several reasons I have not posted in so long, but don't think it is because I forgot about my blog. I think about it almost every day. A series of unfortunate occurrences caused me to take a very long hiatus. I am not sure if I am back for good, but I thought today's recipe was too good for me not to share.

You would think that I would have had a ton of free time after graduating to blog. I took 7 classes last semester, worked 40 hours a week, and still managed to blog. Now I am just working and waiting for grad school in the fall. Why did I quit blogging? Well, back in late December my computer crashed and deleted everything. All my pictures, about 300 recipes, and the research I had done for my Meals Around the World project. Ugh! I was so mad that I didn't even want to think about my blog. I lost so many ideas and recipes that I had spent time constructing, perfecting, and capturing pictures of on my camera. Needless to say, it was easier to stop blogging altogether.

Anyway, I am back today on a more positive note. I have some delicious ice cream to share with you! Is anyone feeling chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake with graham cracker crumbs? Delicious!


The ice cream in the picture is more like soft-serve. This is what it will look like if you eat it straight out of the ice cream machine. If you wait for it to firm up a bit, it will more closely resemble real ice cream.


 :























Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1- 8oz block cream cheese
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
4 tbsp. strawberry jam/jelly/preserves
1 carton of fresh strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate
9 whole sheets of graham crackers, crumbled

Blend together the heavy whipping cream, salt, cream cheese, strawberry jelly, and sugar. Using an ice cream maker (mine is from Cuisinart), pour the cooled cream mixture into the frozen ice cream maker’s attachment bowl. Let the machine run for 20-25 minutes. Once the mixture is creamy, pour it into a large container and mix in the chocolate, strawberries, and graham cracker crumbs. Freeze for 3 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment