Wednesday, October 7, 2015

For all mayo haters....

As I have mentioned before, I am not a fan of mayo. I'm not as bad as my former coworker who was actually terrified of the stuff, but I am not all that willing to have it come near my mouth. Because of this, chicken and tuna salad are generally off my list. A couple of years ago I came up with an ingenious way to use Laughing Cow cheese as a substitute for mayo in chicken salad. I decided to try it out with tuna and enhanced the creamy factor even more with the addition of avocado in the mix. I then rolled this delightful tuna salad in a scrumptious tortilla along with some fresh veggies. It was a wrap to die for! If you share similar animosity towards mayo as I do, I definitely recommend that you try this recipe out for yourself.

 :

Avocado Tuna Salad Wraps
serves 4
4- 8” tortillas
1-5oz can of tuna
3 wedges of spreadable cheese (like the Laughing Cow cheese wedges)
¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
3 tbsp grated carrot
3 tbsp chopped red onion
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
lettuce (optional)

Mash the avocado with the cheese wedges. Mix in the lemon juice and then add the tuna, pepper, onion, and carrot. Season to taste. Divide the tuna salad in between the tortillas along with some lettuce if desired. Roll fold in the sides of the tortillas, roll them up, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment