Wednesday, September 16, 2015

You have to try this ice cream!!!

Be prepared for the best ice cream of your entire life. Seriously. Your taste buds are about to be blown away. What scrumptious concoction have I whipped up now? It is none other than homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream!

 :

My roommates were absolutely amazed when they tasted this stuff. They couldn't believe it. Both the texture and taste were to die for. Tori, Abi, and Abi's boyfriend Chad have all had good homemade ice cream before, but apparently mine was on a whole different level of awesomeness. They were even more impressed when I told them I made up the recipe myself. (Which I almost always do anyway.) Well, I am sure you are all sick of hearing me brag about my momentous ice cream success. I'll get on with the recipe now and hopefully learn to be a little more humble about my next great creation...

 :


Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1- 8oz block cream cheese
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
12 ounces fresh blueberries
9 whole sheets of graham crackers, crumbled

Blend together the heavy whipping cream, salt, cream cheese, and sugar. Add the blueberries and pulse the blender a few times to break them up but not fully blend them. (There should still be blueberry chunks.) Using an ice cream maker (mine is from Cuisinart), pour the cooled cream mixture into the frozen ice cream maker’s attachment bowl. Let the machine run for 20-25 minutes. Once the mixture is creamy, pour it into a large container and mix in the graham cracker crumbs. Freeze for 3 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment