Monday, August 10, 2015

The Miracle Called Streusel

Today was one of those days that called for a muffin breakfast. I slept in a little later than I had expected, it was rainy and dreary out, and I had the apartment to myself. My plans for today were to work on a paper, a project, and study for the GREs, so I needed some good nourishment before I got to work. This single serving streusel muffin fit the bill. I don't know what's better- streusel or muffins. It doesn't really matter because this recipe lets you have both!



Single Serving Cinnamon Streusel Muffin
For the muffin:
4 tbsp all-purpose flour
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp oil
1 egg yolk

For the streusel topping:
1 tbsp quick rolled oats
1 tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp butter
½ tbsp. all-purpose flour

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and oil one hole of a muffin pan. Combine the streusel ingredients and mix until it has a crumbly consistency. Stir together the dry muffin ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, milk, and egg yolk. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin hole and top with the streusel. Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the muffin to sit for a few minutes before removing from the pan.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment