Saturday, August 22, 2015

Cheese Lovers Anonymous

I admit it. I am a cheese addict. It's not long before the CLA (Cheese Lovers Anonymous) comes knocking on my door. (It will probably be right after I get a call from Peanut Butter-aholics Anonymous and Oatmeal Fanatics Anonymous.) Honestly at any given time I usually have at least 5 types of cheese in my fridge. My most recent obsession has been Havarti cheese. I love to make it into a quick and simple cheese sauce to mix with spinach and serve over pasta. Are you ready for this amazingness? I hope I don't send anyone out there into a cheese relapse with my delicious recipe for Creamy Havarti Pasta with Spinach. Enjoy!!





Creamy Havarti Pasta with Spinach
8 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente
1- 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
4 ounces shredded Havarti cheese
1 ¾ cups milk
2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with ¼ cup water
salt and pepper, to taste

Heat the milk over medium low heat in a large saucepan. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minutes. Make sure the milk does not boil but simmers lightly. Once thickened, add the cheese, stir to melt, and then remove the saucepan from the stovetop. Evenly toss the pasta and spinach with the sauce and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment