Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Cake to Beat All Cakes

I baked a cake.


j

But this cake is not your typical chocolate or yellow cake. Can I give you a hint? It's one of my favorite combos. (See here and here.)

j


I started with a nontraditional peanut butter base. (Because peanut butter makes EVERYTHING better.)

i7

Then I add on a layer of jelly to create....

j

... a Peanut Butter and Jelly cake!!

i

Just look at those lovely layers. I'm drooling over the memory. Honestly, this cake was so amazing that my camera went a little crazy and took a bunch of pictures.

 j

I just couldn't help myself from capturing each and every delicious bite. I hope you enjoy this not-so-ordinary-but-completely-extraordinary cake as much as I did.


 n


Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake with a Peanut Butter Yogurt Frosting
1 cup masa harina
2 cups peanut flour
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup yogurt
1 cup applesauce
½ cup butter, melted
2 eggs
½ cup strawberry jelly

For the frosting:
1 cup plain yogurt
¼ cup honey
½ cup peanut flour

Preheat your oven to 350 and grease two cake pans. Beat the sugar and butter together. Whisk in the eggs, milk, applesauce, and yogurt. In a separate bowl, combine the masa, peanut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and divide them between the prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely on a cooling rack. To make the frosting, whisk all the ingredients together. Once the cake is cool, spread the jelly over the bottom layer. Carefully place the other layer on top and spread the frosting over the top and sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment