Monday, April 6, 2015

To make up for my long absence.....

I know I have not posted in forever. Do not worry. I haven't died or been extremely ill or moved to Sri Lanka (although that would be cool).  It was spring break, and I was busy working on my 8 papers and 5 projects along with attempting to find time to spend with my family. I have a yummy recipe to make up for my absence. It's finally strawberry season, and my mom bought me a pack of strawberries to go in my fridge. (They were 4 for $5. What a deal!) Here's a yummy waffle recipe showcasing the delicious fruit of the season! I hope you all had a Happy Easter!!

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Banana Waffles (6)
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Banana Waffles
Serves 3-4
½ cup oatmeal
¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup buttermilk
2 ripe bananas
½ cup dried strawberries
½ cup chocolate chips
 
Preheat your waffle iron. Using a high speed blender, blend the oats into a flour. Combine all the dry ingredients (the first 7) together, stirring until everything is fully incorporated. Blend the bananas until creamy. Whisk the bananas, milk, and eggs together. Finally, mix everything in a large bowl including the chocolate chips and strawberries. Cook in the waffle iron until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment