Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Kid Friendly Abacus

Carson is one of the smartest toddlers I have ever met. Alright, let's be real here. She is the smartest toddler I have ever met. What other 2-year-old can count past 20, say and identify her ABCs, spell her first and last name, and recite several Bible verses? Most kids this age cannot even form a coherent sentence. Anyway, I wanted to encourage Carson's development by giving her an educational toy that was not loud and obnoxious or electronic.

DSC_0128
This abacus-like craft was my solution. I just punched some holes in a piece of cardboard covered in construction paper. Then I strung beads onto thread to create a way for Carson to count the beads. She liked it a lot, and can count off the pumpkins or dinosaurs. My only hope is that she does not destroy it. We do not call her Destructo for nothing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment