Saturday, March 14, 2015

Ring by spring!

The whole "ring by spring" thing is very real here at Union. Like most small, private Christian schools, it seems like somebody is getting engaged every three seconds. One of my best friend's boyfriend asked her dad this past weekend for her hand in marriage. He sent us a picture of the ring for approval, and it is gorgeous. Tori knows that he's going to propose soon. I'm super excited for her! Another good friend of mine is getting married this summer as well as my RA from last year. That's just a few on the very long list. Long story short, I am going to be needing quite a few cards to send to all of these soon-to-be couples. Here is one of my favorites.

I saw the idea on Pinterest, and thought it was just too cute to pass up. The elegant bride's dress and the tux fold out to reveal a nice sentiment and a good bit of space to write a personal message.

DSC_0023

One nice thing about having so many Christ loving friends that are involved in church and have a personal relationship with God is that the phrase "forever and always" really applies. Marriage is not a trial run or like a lease on a new car. You can fall in and out of love, but marriage is deeper than just feelings. It is a lifelong commitment. I am proud and happy for my friends who are ready to take part in the beautiful and binding covenant that God has given man and woman to have with each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment