Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Waffle Dreams

It has been a while since I posted a super yummy Belgian waffle recipe. It has been even longer since I was able to enjoy one. I can't wait to get home over spring break to see my family and use my mom's waffle maker. They think I'm coming home for them, but I have ulterior motives. Ulterior motives that have everything to do with creamy, peanut buttery syrup topped waffles like these. If you are lucky enough to have your own waffle iron, I suggest this to be your midnight snack. :)

DSC_0327
Peanut Butter Belgian Waffles
makes 5 waffles (20 triangles)
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup PB2 or PB fit
2 ounces roasted peanuts
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
3 bananas
2 eggs, lightly beaten
 
Blend the oats and peanuts together until they form a course four. In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Put the buttermilk, bananas, and eggs into the blender. Blend until smooth. Combing the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until fully incorporated. Preheat your waffle iron to your desired temperature and setting. Pour in the batter, spread out, and cook.

1 comment:

  1. They think I'm coming home for them, but I have ulterior motives. Ulterior motives that have everything to do with creamy, peanut buttery syrup topped waffles like thesewafflemakerstore

    ReplyDelete