Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My First Infinity Scarf

I made a scarf for my roommate as a Christmas gift using my Knifty Knitter, and Sydney had a wonderful idea for me to make it into an infinity scarf. Rachel had actually asked specifically for an infinity scarf, but I was not completely sure how I would make one. I'm not too in to fashion, so I was not sure how long/ wide it should be. Syd reassured me that it didn't really matter as long as you could loop it around your neck twice. This was my result:


DSC_0426

It was a little on the skinny side, but I don't think it was too bad for my first try. (I went on to make another, thicker one that I will share later.) Harper was kind enough to be my model. To make it, I just used my Knifty Knitter to make a scarf as usual, but I made it a little longer than normal. Then I sewed up the two ends to make it into a loop.

DSC_0427
 
My roommate was happy, and now I know how to make a more stylish scarf. :) I seriously think I may be the only girl on earth who doesn't own a scarf, but that is ok with me. Now I can make some pretty cute ones to make up for my lack of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment