Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Beet Hummus

I was recently informed that the Super Bowl is coming up this Sunday. I don't keep up with football, nor does it interest me at all. (I actually thought the Super Bowl took place in November. Whoops...) I do love a good party, though, and a good party cannot happen without some good food. Why not bring a healthy and colorful dip to your Super Bowl party wherever you may be celebrating it. Your friends will definitely thank you, and it will make a good change to all the Chex mix, cookies, and  wings. 


beet hummus (1)

Beet Hummus
makes 2 cups
1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
1 ½ cups sliced beets, cooked
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper powder
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice

Combine all the ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until completely creamy. Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Enjoy with crackers, carrot sticks, celery, or pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment