Friday, January 30, 2015

Another Take on a Delicious Meal

I know this is an awful picture, but I was not planning on sharing this recipe and just snapped a photo before running out the door to work. I was so dazzled by my Thai chicken curry that I just had to make it again. This time I was not worried about sticking to the traditional ingredients and method, so I was more liberal with my add-ins. I finished off my bottle of red curry paste that I bought when I cooked Cambodia. (At the time I was worried I'd never finish the stuff off. Now I'm planning to buy more.) The veggies brought this flavor-packed curry to a whole new level. So pull out your fish sauce and dice up some chicken because this dinner is calling your name!

DSC_0081[1]
Thai Chicken and Spinach Red Curry
1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cubed
1- 14 ounce can of coconut milk
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp red curry paste
1- 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
1 large onion, chopped
2 tsp fish sauce
Heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions. SautĂ© for 5 minutes until tender and then mix in the curry paste. Cook, stirring constantly for a minute before pouring in the coconut milk. Bring it to a simmer, add the chicken and spinach, and cook for about 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Lastly, stir in the fish sauce serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment