Saturday, January 31, 2015

All Mashed Up

I have never been much of a fan of potatoes in general, but something about mashed potatoes especially turned me off. I always wanted to like them. They were a common addition to our dinner table, and the rest of my family adores a big, creamy bowl. I could just never choke them down. I finally came up with the perfect solution! I boiled down some parsnips and cauliflower, blended them together, added some cheese, and had the perfect side dish to any steak or baked chicken dinner. Since parsnips and cauliflower are white, they are easily disguised as a potato. Parsnips even have the starchy texture found in potatoes. I added chevre and some herbs to bring this bowl of yummy up to a bowl of sophisticated deliciousness. I will never be jealous of potato lovers again. I have found something even better!


DSC_0285

Creamy Chevre Mashed Cauliflower and Parsnips
12 ounces cauliflower florets
12 ounces parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
½ cup milk
4 ounces chevre cheese
2 tsp herbs de Provence

Cover the cauliflower and parsnips with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes and then drain. In a heat resistant blender, puree the vegetables with the remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment