Saturday, December 20, 2014

American Girl Doll Stockings

I made these mini stockings for two of the kids I babysit/ tutor to use with their American Girl Dolls. I will deliver them tomorrow stuffed with some little treats. I know that I would have died for homemade American Girl stuff from my babysitters when I was younger.

DSC_0034[1]

I have made several different mini stockings in the past, and I decided that my pattern would be perfect for 18" dolls if I enlarged the top and toe a little to better slip in goodies. This time around I also made a little cuff out of matching fabric instead of just sewing ribbon around the top. I think they turned out really cute. I plan on making some for Harper and Carson later this week.
 
DSC_0035[1]
 
 
Did I entice you the other night with my recipe for fresh cranberry muffins? Are you dying for more ways to use up some yummy cranberries before their too-short season ends? I have another Christmasy breakfast/ brunch recipe to use up the rest of your bag in another delicious way. Look forward to more cranberry recipes in the future as I have fallen in love with the tart little berry.
 
DSC_0072[1]
 


Fresh Cranberry- Orange Oatmeal Pancakes
serves 2-3 (10 medium pancakes)
½ cup quick oats
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
½ cup orange juice
½ cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
 
Mix together the flours, oats, sugar, salt, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla, and orange juice. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring in the cranberries. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Preheat a pancake pan over medium low heat. Drop 3 tablespoons of the batter at a time onto the pan. Cook until the bottom is golden brown, and the top begins to look dry with bubbles. Flip and cook the bottom until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment