Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Stuffed Peppers!

My roommate requested that I make a salsa chicken recipe that she found for one of her dinners this week. I read the recipe and did what I always do to recipes: Make them my own! The way-too-simple salsa chicken recipe shares only the common ingredients of chicken and salsa. The rest was put under my imaginative construction.

DSC_0378[1]
 
This is my first stuffed pepper recipe on my blog. It was incredibly simple, so look forward to more! Quinoa was a great addition for an extra protein and fiber boost. The chicken and salsa were a perfect pair. And everything is better with cheese! Rachel loved them!
 
DSC_0380[1]
 
Mexican Chicken- Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
serves 2
2 bell peppers, seeded with the tops cut off
1/2 a bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup salsa
2 chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp taco seasoning
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 tbsp. oil
3-4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat the oil over medium heat in a pan and cook the garlic, chicken, and chopped bell peppers until the chicken is cooked through. Add the salsa, quinoa, and taco seasoning. Mix well and remove from the heat. Pour a few tablespoons of water into a small deep baking dish and place the hollowed out peppers side by side inside of it. Fill the peppers with the chicken mixture, cover the baking dish with tin foil, and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the tin foil, cover the tops of the peppers with cheese, and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment