Monday, November 24, 2014

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Sorry for the long absence of posts. I came home on Friday night/ Saturday morning for Thanksgiving break. We left on Friday at 12:30 pm, and I didn't get home until after 1 am. Sydney had surgery on her finger today. Tomorrow we are leaving for Georgia. Needless to say, it's been an eventful few days.

DSC_0419[1]

Do you know how Brussels sprouts grow? They grow on this super cool stalk that I had never seen before. I read about roasting an entire stalk of sprouts the other day, but had no clue where to buy one. My mom spotted one at the store the other day, and we just had to buy it. I roasted it up, and found the results to be quite tasty. Whether you love them or hate them, this is a recipe you have to try just because it is so cool.  My mom said that your like or dislike of Brussels sprouts is genetic. I obviously got my sprout loving genes from my dad because she cannot stand them!

 

DSC_0422[1]
 
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Stalk
1 Brussels sprout stalk, washed and dried
olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Put the whole stalk of Brussels sprouts on a baking pan, drizzle with oil, and season to taste. Bake for about 45 minutes. To remove the Brussels sprouts from the stalk, cut them with a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment