Friday, November 14, 2014

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Baked Oats

I know, I know, you're sick of all the pumpkin recipes everywhere. Or maybe you're not. I don't care because fall is almost over, and I'll soon be posting about Christmas and the New Year. Let me revel in my last autumn-y recipes before it's too late. Tonight is a healthy and filling breakfast recipe for peanut butter and pumpkin baked oatmeal. Peanut butter and pumpkin are a beautiful pair, and they yield a delicious dish for a cold winter morning.

DSC_0224[1]
 
 
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Baked Oats
serves 2
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp honey
2 egg yolks or 1 egg
¼ cup peanut butter
¾ cup pumpkin puree

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and oil a ramekin. Mix the oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder together. Whisk the pumpkin together with the milk, eggs, peanut butter, honey, and oil. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until well mixed. Pour the batter into the ramekin. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment