Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Single Serving Belgian Waffles

I am officially into the swing of things back here at school. My days are full of class, work, and friends, keeping me happily busy. It is nice to take a break some times (no matter how short) and enjoy one of the good things in life. Yep, that's right, a nice, thick Belgian waffle. I devised the perfect recipe for one of these crisp, buttery treats to top with whatever you want. Go ahead and thank me while you dig in to your delicious treat. And you don't even have to share.


DSC_0060
 
Single Serving Belgian Waffle
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg white
½ cup milk
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
 
Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Combine the wet and dry mixtures, stirring until just combined. Preheat your waffle iron to your desired temperature and setting. Pour in the batter, spread out, and cook. Serve topped with your favorite fruit, yogurt, honey, or syrup.
 
DSC_0067
 
 
I topped mine with Greek yogurt and sliced peaches. A perfect way to keep me fueled to Spanish literature conversations, biology labs, and art history tests. These waffles make waking up in the morning so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment