Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pina Colada Ice Cream

I am trying to churn out all the ice cream recipes that I can before the weather turns cold and my appetite for ice cream cools off. (No pun intended.) I watched a Food Network show today with the kids I was babysitting called Cone Wars where chefs battled to see who could make the best ice cream. I was inspired by the secret ingredient of coconut on the show to share a recipe of my own tonight.

Kid Friendly Piña Colada Ice Cream (5)

The presentation of my ice cream might not be as pretty as the master chef's, but the recipe is delicious and is coconut. I've never had a pina colada before, but I would want it to taste just like this. Actually, I think I'll just stick with this ice cream and stick to using alcohol to clean cuts. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!



Kid Friendly Piña Colada Ice Cream (3)
 
Kid Friendly Piña Colada Ice Cream
1- 13.5 ounce can coconut cream/ milk
8 cups coconut milk
1 cup pineapple juice
2 cups diced pineapple
1 ½ cups agave nectar

Whisk together all of the ingredients except for the pineapple. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Using an ice cream machine (mine is a Cuisinart), pour your ice cream base into the machine while it is running. I had to make it in two batches, using half the mixture each time. Run the machine for 25 minutes. Add in the pineapple chunks while the machine is still running, and churn for 5 minutes. Once the ice cream has been churned, enjoy immediately as soft serve, or freeze for 3 hours to make it real ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment