Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Zucchini Season

The zucchini in my garden are growing quickly. I am so excited to get my hands on the first delicious summer squashes my garden yields. For now, I will have to stick to the store bought variety to make these moist muffins with a bit of a chew, but soon I will reap my reward. :)

Zucchini Cornbread Muffins (2)
 
Zucchini Cornbread Muffins
Makes 8
1 cup cornmeal
2 cups rolled oats
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup applesauce
2 large eggs
2/3 cup shredded zucchini

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and oil 8 holes of a large (no jumbo) muffin pan. In a high speed blender, blend the oats into a flour. Stir together all of the wet ingredients in one bowl and all the dry in another. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Divide the batter between the holes in the prepared muffin pan. (I used about 6 tablespoons per hole.) Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins sit for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment