Monday, July 28, 2014

The Biggest Zucchini EVER!!

I found this mammoth hiding in my garden under the leaves of a zucchini plant. I could not believe that I had not seen it before and let it grow to be this massive. It was well camouflaged. I put my glasses next to it in the picture as a scale to how massive it was.

DSC_0001[1]
 
I know you are probably craving zucchini now, so here is a delicious recipe for a raw Thai flavored zucchini and carrot salad. It's beautiful and delicious.

DSC_0029[1]
 
Spiralized Zucchini and Carrot Salad with a Peanut Butter Coconut Dressing
2 medium zucchini, spiralized
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 large shallot, chopped
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp oil
1/4 cup peanuts

Heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the shallot, garlic, soy sauce, peanut butter, and coconut milk together until creamy. Toss the carrots, zucchini, and peanuts together with the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment