Monday, June 30, 2014

Disney Review: Columbia Harbour House

The Columbia Harbour House is a colonial New England style quick service restaurant located in Magic Kingdom's Liberty Square. It was by far my favorite quick service restaurant, and I ate there on both days we were in Magic Kingdom. The food is fresh and healthy, the atmosphere really feels like you've stepped back in time to colonial New England, and the portions are large.

columbia harbor house
 
I had the Broccoli Peppercorn Salad (Mixed Greens, Garden Vegetables, Chicken, Broccoli, and Parmesan tossed with a Creamy Peppercorn Dressing) with a side of extra steamed broccoli. (Broccoli makes my top three list of favorite foods, and I eat it every day at home. I was missing it in Disney World.) Other menu options include grilled salmon with couscous and broccoli, lobster rolls, tuna sandwiches, hummus sandwiches, fried fish or shrimp, and chicken nuggets. The sides range from your typical fries and potato chips to clam chowder, couscous, and chili.
 
One of the highlights of my meal was when a cast member came around and asked us all Disney trivia. I don't know if that is something that they do all the time, but it was a lot of fun.
 
I really loved this spot, and encourage you to go there if you are longing for something green amongst all the popcorn and turkey legs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment