Thursday, May 22, 2014

Zoku Pops!

A new addition to my house since I went away to college is a Zoku Popsicle Maker. I always have to experiment with any new type of cookware, and this frozen treat maker is no different. I have been brainstorming new recipes that I can try out on it. My first was a strawberry- avocado pop.

DSC_0045[1]
 
Avocados probably are not the first fruit that comes to mind when you think of a dessert, but it went very well in these pops. That's coming from someone who does not even like avocados. (We had one about to go bad, and I had to find something to do with it.


You can layer these pops between the avocado and strawberry mixtures, or make them two different pops all together. They are great alone, or as a flavor combination.



Avocado and Strawberry Pops
Makes 18
1 banana
1 cup yogurt
½ cup milk
6 tbsp maple syrup
2 cups strawberries
1 avocado

Blend the milk, yogurt, and banana together. Pour 1 cup of the mixture out. Add the strawberries and 2 tbsp maple syrup, and blend. Place the strawberry mixture in a bowl, and clean out the blender. Pour the separated 1 cup of the banana-yogurt mixture back into the blender along with the remaining maple syrup and avocado. Blend until creamy. Pour the two mixtures into your popsicle maker (I used a Zoku Quick Pop Maker for 7 minutes) and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment