Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Turkey Lettuce Wraps

My mom always talks about these amazing lettuce wraps she gets at P.F. Chang's. I've never had them (I don't know if I've even ever been to P. F. Chang's.), but I decided that I wanted to try my hand at making some.

089

P. F. Chang's probably makes them look all fancy, and they probably have the right kind of lettuce. Sorry, but I'm a poor college kid. I used the lettuce they give us in the dining hall. At my college they let you get a to-go box, so I stock up on all my veggies at the salad bar. It significantly decreases my grocery bill. Anyway, these might not be P. F. Chang copy cats, but they sure are good. Just roll them up and enjoy!

090


Turkey Lettuce Wraps
serves 2-3
4 ounces ground turkey
½ cup diced mushrooms
¼ cup diced water chestnut
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced bell pepper
2 tbsp diced green onion
1 tbsp soy sauce
dash of garlic powder
oil, as needed
lettuce

Lightly oil a large pan, and heat it over medium heat. Add in the diced vegetables. Sautee the vegetables, stirring the mixture occasionally. Add the turkey, chopping it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until the turkey is completely browned. Stir in the garlic powder and soy sauce right before you remove the pan from the heat. Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment