Thursday, May 1, 2014

Peanut Butter- Sweet Potato Hot Cereal

Sorry that I have not posted in a couple of days. I just was not feeling very motivated. Also, I have not really been making as many cards or new recipes as I used to. (Hopefully that will change over the summer.) There's just not enough time in the day. Plus, I have been on a chocolate muffin and cheese stick kick. I already have recipes for both egg roll wrapper mozzarella sticks and baked mozzarella sticks along with a ton of different chocolate muffin recipes. I finally decided to get out of my recipe rut, and made this amazing hot cereal. Be warned, it makes a lot. You can serve it to a crowd or have a premade breakfast for the whole week.


DSC_0118[1]
 
Peanut Butter- Sweet Potato Hot Cereal
serves 6
1 1/2 cups hot cereal (such as steel cut oats, Scottish oats, or Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal; not rolled oats)
5 cups water or milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 large sweet potato
1 large banana
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup honey (optional)

Blend the banana, water, peanut butter, and sweet potato together. Bring the mixture to a simmer in a pot over medium heat. Add in your desired hot cereal, and cook for the length designated on the package. Once the cereal is done, stir in the honey and cinnamon, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment