Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring Crafts

I have a craft to share tonight! I have been going through craft withdraws, and I am sure you all have been too. Unfortunately I was not able to make as many crafts as I had planned to over spring break. It just went by way too fast. I was able to spend some time on a few projects with Harper, though. We had our quality crafting bonding time.
017
 
 
I made this craft for Harper and her friend to do one morning after a sleep over. All you need is a cardboard toilet paper roll tube, construction paper, pipe cleaners, and tape. I taped a brown piece of paper around the tube, and let the girls design their own wings. The antennas are green pipe cleaners. The girls had a lot of fun crafting them, and it was not hard to get together or clean up.

016
 
I got my mom to buy me some delicious homemade feta cheese at a local market while I was home. It was simply delicious, and just begged to be stirred into a bowl of creamy grits.
 
011

Feta-Thyme Grits
serves 1-2
1/2 cup dry quick cooking grits
2 ounces feta cheese
2 tbsp. fresh thyme
2 cups water
dash of salt

Combine the grits, water, and salt in a 4 cup microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring halfway through, until all the water is absorbed. Mix in the feta and thyme. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment