Thursday, April 10, 2014

Paper Plate Easter Baskets

Here is another spring craft that I made with Harper and her little friend while I was home.

008

The girls worked hard crafting. I worked hard assembling all the pieces.
007
 
 
 
To make this craft, you will need three paper plates, six yellow ovals, staples, tape, and various colored pencils and markers. Just cut the two of the paper plates in half, and staple the halves together. Cut out the rim of the remaining paper plate, and then cut this in half. It will be your basket handle. Decorate the basket and the little yellow ovals which are the chicks. Stuff the chicks in the basket, and you're done.



009

I thought I would round out this post with some baked oatmeal. This fudgy and rich oatmeal has a secret hidden ingredient: avocados! I personally do not like avocados, so you can trust me when I say that it tastes nothing like them. Somehow they enhance the gooey fudge factor in the oats, so this recipe is a definite must.
066
 
Avocado Fudge Baked Oatmeal
Serves 4
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup milk
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe banana
2 tbsp honey (optional)
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9”X6” pan. Mash together the avocado and banana. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, and salt. Add in the remaining ingredients, stirring until well combined. Pour into your prepared pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment