Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Weekend Happenings

Well, my family set off today to make the 10+ hour drive down to see me for Easter weekend. I am so glad they decided to come and not just leave me here alone. Today was like a major exodus from school. The parking lot is empty.


Anyway, I plan to try to post at least one more time before Easter. I have another card I want to share. I wove together pieces of paper and cut out little ovals to make this Easter basket card. Tori thought it was cute.

003
 
I know you probably want some Easter themed recipes, but I am sorry to say that I do not have any. I do have this yummy waffle recipe, though. The secret to these waffles is corn starch. It makes them crunchy, yet light and airy. Easter brunch anyone?

002















Cornstarch Oatmeal Waffles
Serves 4
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 egg
1 egg white
1 ½ cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all the dry ingredients together (the first 8). In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until there are no more lumps. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Preheat your waffle iron and use according to the directions. My waffle iron took about 6 tablespoons of batter at a time. Serve immediately or keep warm in an oven heated to 200 degrees until using.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment