Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Baked Oats and a Sunny Day

Harper seemed to have a great birthday yesterday, and loved showing off her earrings to her class today. I did not have quite so fun of a day. It consisted mostly of me working on my 10 page paper that I have been procrastinating on. The weather was pretty nice, so I got to enjoy not one, but two nice walks with Syd and Carson. It is only nice in Ohio about 3 times a year, and we take full advantage of it. I also had a yummy lunch of creamy baked oats. They took about 30 minutes longer than I expected, but it was worth it.

DSC_0001[1]

Banana Maple Baked Yogurt Oats
serves 2
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 mashed banana
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 egg, whisked
2 tbsp. maple syrup

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and oil a large ramekin. Mix together all the dry ingredients. Stir in the yogurt, banana, and egg until everything is well combined. Finally, swirl in the maple syrup. Bake for 1 hour. Serve drizzled with more syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment