Wednesday, April 16, 2014

An Easter Card and PB&J Swirl Blondies

Sorry that I didn't post anything yesterday. Tori and I were having an Easter card crafting party. I finally got some card making done. I actually had the day off of work yesterday, so I had time to break out my creative side. Today was back to class from 9 to 1 followed by an 8 hour shift at work. That's why I can't craft every night. Anyway, here is one of the card I made using ribbon my mom gave me for Christmas to make an Easter egg.

DSC_0026[1]

Now I have a real treat to share with you.

PB&J Blondies (2)

Yeah, that's right. Peanut butter and jelly swirled into a peanut butter blondie. It's like your childhood favorite lunch made into dessert form. Then multiplied by ten, crowned king of the world, and smothered in peanut butter. That makes no sense at all, but trust me, these blondies are worth turning on the oven for.

PB&J Blondies (5)

PB&J Blondies
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup peanut flour
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup milk
½ cup peanut butter
2 ripe bananas
1 egg
1 egg white
¼ cup strawberry jelly

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and oil a 9”X13” pan. Using a high speed blender, blend the oats into a flour. Add the dry ingredients to the blender and blend until well incorporated. Add in the bananas, egg, egg white, milk, apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, and ¼ cup peanut butter. Blend until everything comes together. Pour the mixture into your prepared baking pan. Melt the remaining ¼ cup peanut butter in the microwave. Drop teaspoons of it all around the top of the blondie batter. Do the same with the jelly. Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter and jelly around. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment