Friday, March 21, 2014

Chicken and Dumpings for One

I am from the south, so chicken and dumplings (or as we say it, dumplins) are a supper staple at my house. Being away at college has made me miss all the chicken and dumpling nights, but that is now a thing of the past. I did not want to make a huge pot and have to eat it every night until I got sick of it, so I scaled the recipe down and made it single serving. The dumplings were a little thick since I don't have my mom's pasta roller to made them the perfect width, but I think I will let that pass for the ability to have this bowl of homey goodness.

DSC_0068[1]

Single Serving Chicken and Dumplings
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1/3 cup shredded chicken
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ cup flour
2-3 tbsp Greek yogurt

Mix the flour and baking powder together. Add in the yogurt until a soft, but not too sticky dough has formed. Roll it out really thin (about a 1 or 2 on a pasta machine), and cut it into rectangles that are 1” long and ½” wide. Bring the chicken broth to a boil along with the shredded chicken. Add the dumplings, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the dumplings do not stick together.

No comments:

Post a Comment