Saturday, February 8, 2014

You're Going to Love Some of This

I have another card and recipe today that I know you will simply "LOVE". I know I sure could not get enough of these chevre doughnuts. I know that goat cheese is typically not the first thing you think of when offered your choice of doughnut, but this fact should be changed asap. Savory doughnuts are the bomb, especially when they have one of the greatest cheeses on earth packed into them. So move over chocolate and jelly filled doughnuts, it's time for your savory brother to shine.
 
DSC_0172[1]

Savory Herbed Goat Cheese Doughnuts
makes 6
¾ cup spelt flour
2 tbsp cornmeal
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
4 ounces chevre
2 tsp herbs de Provence
2 egg whites
¼ cup buttermilk
sea salt, to top

Preheat your oven to 350, and oil a doughnut pan. Mix together the dry ingredients. Microwave the chevre in a heat resistant bowl for 15 seconds to soften it. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, chevre, and buttermilk together. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Spoon into the doughnut pan and sprinkle with sea salt.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the doughnuts spring back when poked. Let the doughnuts sit for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.



DSC_0307[1]
 
After you try my doughnuts, I expect to receive a card similar to this expressing your upmost love and devotion to my culinary skills. :) Ok, so maybe not, but I'm sure that somebody special would love to get one of these next Friday. Do you have anyone in mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment