Friday, February 14, 2014

Won't You Beet Mine?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I know that a lot of people get super depressed on Valentine's Day because they do not have a "lover". Well I think that is silly because God has blessed up with a whole world full of people to love. If there is no one in your life that you love enough to wish them a Happy Valentine's Day, you must be some kind of radical hermit in Antarctica. Anyway, I have plenty of people in my life that I love including my wonderful sisters, adoring parents, and amazing friends.
266
 
This is the card that I made for Sydney. I can finally post it now that Valentine's Day is over and she hopefully already got it in the mail. (I forgot to ask when I called them today.) The pop out message is an inside joke between us since I refused to let her kiss me for years. I thought she had cooties.
 
267
 
The title of my post is based off of these burgers. They are an adaptation to the sweet potato chickpea burgers I shared a couple of days ago. These also only serve two, so they are perfect for a Valentine's date with that special someone (whether it be your boyfriend, best friend, mom, or little brother).
beet chickpea burgers (2)

Beet Chickpea Burgers
serves 2
½ cup chickpeas, cooked
¾ cup cooked beets, sliced
1 medium egg, or one large egg white
¼ cup panko bread crumbs
¼ cup sliced red onion
dash of salt
dash of cayenne pepper powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp Italian seasonings
2 burger buns
lettuce, tomato, ect.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat a skillet with a little oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Set the onion aside to cool. Once the onion has cooled, combine it along with the beets and chickpeas in a food processor. Process until there are course chunks. Whisk in the egg along with the seasonings and bread crumbs. Form into 2 patties and bake on a nonstick stone for 20 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 5 minutes. Let the burgers cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.



beet chickpea burgers (1)
Happy Valentine's Day! Remember that God is the one who loves you the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment