Thursday, February 13, 2014

Last Minute Valentine's Day Gifts

Are you like me and have procrastinated until the very last moment to make your friends Valentine's gifts? Fear no more, here are two quick ideas you can finish tonight and gift tomorrow.

DSC_0012[1]
I made this first gag gift for my roommate, Hannah. I just made a plain origami box with this message written inside.
DSC_0014[1]
 
 
I gave my crafting buddy Tori this little tea cup gift box stuffed with raspberry tea (any other flavor just would not do for Valentine's Day). The instructions and template can be found here. I tweaked it a bit by using my own paper instead of the premade design on the template.
 
DSC_0011[1]
 
This frozen yogurt is definitely going along with my pink themed post. On the lighter side, it would be a great change from all those heavy chocolate desserts usually associated with Valentine's Day. Plus, it's pink. It's also wonderfully strawberry filled, smooth, creamy, and, well, frozen. (Oh, and did I mention that this frozen yogurt is pink?)
 
strawberry frozen yogurt (2)
 
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
makes 1 ½ quarts
3 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
2 cups milk
¾ cup sugar
 
Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender. Using an ice cream maker (mine is from Cuisinart), pour the yogurt mixture into the frozen ice cream maker’s attachment bowl. Let the machine run for 10-15 minutes. Once the yogurt is creamy, pour it into a sealed container. Freeze for 3 hours or serve immediately as soft serve. You may need to let it thaw on the counter for 10 minutes before scooping out and serving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment