Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Whole Lot of Hearts

This Valentine is all hearts. I went crazy with my heart punches on various shades and patterns of pink paper, and then had fun laying them out on a blank card.

DSC_0288[1]
I bought some spelt flour the other day, and I wanted to experiment it. I had never tried spelt before. I decided that it does not taste much different than regular flour, at least when put into pancakes. The pancakes were good, though, so I decided to share the recipe with you just in case you wanted to experiment too. Have fun. :) 
 
banana spelt pancakes (2)
 
Banana Spelt Pancakes
1 ½ cups spelt flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup milk
2 tbsp oil
1 egg
 
Combine all the dry ingredients into a big bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium low heat so that when you pour a drop of water on it, the water “dances” until it evaporates. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and scoop out a few tablespoons at a time onto the pancake pan. Cook until the top gets bubbly and dry, and then flip and cook the other side until lightly browned. Adjust the temperature of the stove as you make all the pancakes to ensure that the pan does not get too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment