Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Pop Out Card

I mailed out my family's Valentine's today, this card included. Hopefully with the super slow mail between my college and my house they will get it by Friday. This card was made specifically for my amazing mother who I love to pieces. Luckily I don't think she reads my blog, so I can go ahead and share this with you. Sydney's will have to wait until Friday because she looks at my Pinterest.

DSC_0289[1]
 
This card was actually a quite simple pop up. Like most of my other pop up cards, the inside is way more elaborate than the outside. My mom always looks for something exciting inside the card instead of outside. Most of my cards are blank on the inside, but she always opens them up just to see. Hopefully she will get a kick out of opening up this card to get a message literally popping up at her.
 
DSC_0291[1]

I had some rice paper wrappers left over from when I made a summer roll bar for my family. I decided to fix some quick and easy rolls in between classes today. They came together deliciously as a quick, healthy, and satisfying snack.
DSC_0349[1]

 
Sautéed Veggie Summer Rolls
serves 1
3 rice paper wrappers
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/2 cup sliced bell pepper
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 cup cooked rice
dipping sauce (optional)
 
Heat a nonstick frying pan with the oil over medium heat. Add the veggies and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir the vegetables, soy sauce, and rice together. Fill a large pan (about 10” in diameter) with super-hot water and place over low heat. Soak the rice papers one at a time in the water for about 10 seconds until softened. Immediately spread the papers out onto a plastic cutting board. Place 1/3 of the filling into the middle of each of the rice paper wrappers, fold down the top, fold up the bottom, fold over one of the sides, and roll up similar to a burrito. Enjoy plain or with one of these dipping sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment