Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Buckwheat Bake

I had some buckwheat groats that I got at Whole Foods just to try out, and I also had some buckwheat flour leftover from a recipe that I used it in. I decided to make my own buckwheat bake. I have read about these before, but had never tried one. It is kind of like a microwave muffin. I love the somewhat crunchy bites of the buckwheat groats. Of course I had to make it chocolate.


chocolate buckwheat bake (3)
Chocolate Buckwheat Bake
serves 1
¼ cup buckwheat flour
1 tbsp buckwheat groats
1 tbsp cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp applesauce
1 egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp honey

Stir the dry ingredients together in a small microwavable ramekin. Whisk in the wet ingredients until everything is well incorporated. Microwave on high for 90 seconds, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment