Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Last Gifts of Christmas

Other than a fudge recipe I have yet to share, here are the last of the gifts that I made this year for Christmas. The first is a kind of hippyish skirt I made for Harper's dolls out of two bandanas. I thought that the resulting skirt screamed flower child. I'm sure Harper's new nature loving doll, Saige, will love them.

072
Carson is addicted to these little Gerber baby snacks called puffs. She can be screaming her head off, and just the mention of them will make her stop mid scream. She goes around saying "puff puff", and can eat a ton of them. (My dad and Harper can put away quite a few too.) I wanted to recreate her beloved snack as a treat she could take on the long car trip we took after Christmas. My result wasn't quite like actual puffs, but she loved them. My mom even said they tasted good, and she abhors puffs.



homemade baby puffs
 
 
Homemade Baby Puffs
¾ cup multi grain baby cereal
1/3 cup orange juice
1 egg yolk
½ tsp baking powder
½ tbsp. oil

Mix all the ingredients together. Use an easy accent decorator or another icing piper to make little dots of the dough. Bake on a stone at 325 for 10-12 minutes. Allow the puffs to cool before sealing them in a container.

No comments:

Post a Comment