Thursday, January 30, 2014

Eggs in Purgatory

Eggs and tomato sauce are just natural companions. Served together they create a wonderfully savory breakfast treat. With the invention of  notomato sauce, I was able to enjoy this delicious flavor combination for the first time.

Baked Eggs in (No)Tomato Sauce (4)
Some people call this dish eggs in purgatory. Whatever your name for it is, you will be sure to enjoy it. (Carson sends her message of approval too.)

Baked Eggs in (No)Tomato Sauce (8)

 
Baked Eggs in (No)Tomato Sauce
serves 1
2 eggs
1 cup notomato or tomato sauce
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp Italian seasonings
dash of dried oregano
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat your oven to 425. Mix the sauce with the Italian seasonings. Put the sauce into a ramekin and break the eggs on top, careful not to pop the yolk. Sprinkle the cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper over the top. Bake for 18 minutes, or until the egg whites have set.


It seems like all I ever make anymore are thank you cards. This is one I made for my dad to give someone at work. I think it is still sitting on our counter. Oh well, at least Harp and I got some quality crafting time in. It's one of the things I miss most while I am away. Card making just isn't the same without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment