Thursday, January 16, 2014

Altoids Container Idea

There are so many ideas and uses for Altoids boxes out there that you should never have a reason to throw any of them away. In the past I made an Altoids container crayon case for one of my friends, and now I have another idea for you.

064
I made this little box for my dad as a Christmas gift. He travels a lot, so now he will always have a "pocketful" of his girls. He eats a lot of Altoids, so I thought it would be a cute idea to reuse one of his old containers as a gift. This scrapbook/ picture holder was the result.

065
 
My recipe for today is a quick and simple meal the whole family will love: zucchini boats! A healthy spin off of the beloved pizza, zucchini boats can be loaded down with whatever delicious toppings you may be craving. For my recipe today, I took a Mexican twist with cojita cheese and a vegetable blend.
 
Cojita and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini Boats
 
Cojita and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini Boats
makes 8
4 zucchini
2 cups shredded cojita cheese
½ an onion
½ a green bell pepper
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Slice the zucchinis in half lengthwise, and scoop out the center with a melon baller, leaving about ¼” of the sides and bottom of the zucchini. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the inside of the zucchini with a paper towel. Use a food chopper to finely chop up the garlic, bell pepper, onion, and the removed inside of the zucchini. Heat a small pan over medium heat, and sauté the vegetables until golden brown. Stuff the zucchini boats with the vegetables, and sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese over each one. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment