Saturday, December 14, 2013

Trees for Teachers

Harper and I spent the afternoon making little tree ornaments for her eight teachers. I think it is crazy that she has more teachers in the first grade than I do in college, but it was a good excuse to spend an afternoon crafting away. I have missed my little crafting buddy, and am happy to be back home.

DSC_0109[1]

As I have shared before, naan bread makes a great pizza crust. Instead of making another breakfast pizza like my egg naan, I went with sautéed veggie pizza with goat cheese. I am definitely adding this to my growing list of favorite pizza recipes.

Veggie and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza
1 naan bread
4 ounces chevre cheese
¼ cup roasted red pepper hummus
1 tsp oil
red, green, or yellow bell peppers, sliced
broccoli florets
red onion, slices
mushrooms, sliced

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Heat a pan over medium heat with 1 tsp of oil. Add the vegetables, and sauté until lightly browned. Meanwhile, spread the hummus onto the naan bread. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Finally, finish the pizza off with the veggies. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the naan start to brown a bit. 

veggie and goat cheese naan pizza (4)
 
I do not think that Kringle will make the nice list this year. He sure has been getting himself into quite a bit of trouble. Tonight he has decided to replace baby Jesus in our manger scene. I don't know who Kringle thinks he is, but this is not okay. We have a bad elf on our hands.... And a big sister who is getting into the whole Elf on the Shelf too much. I think I enjoy hiding him more than Harp likes finding him.
DSC_0110[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment