Wednesday, December 11, 2013

PB&B Pop-tarts

PB&B (aka peanut butter and banana) is one of my favorite flavor combinations. You just can't beat the taste of creamy peanut butter paired with a ripe banana. Unless you make this delicious duo into pop-tarts.

What? You've never heard of peanut butter and banana pop-tarts? Sure, you've had your brown sugar and cinnamon, chocolate fudge, strawberry, and maybe even the pumpkin pie variety, but peanut butter and banana is unheard of.

That all changes now.

 
 
 
DSC_0075[1]
 
Peanut Butter Banana Pop-tarts
makes 4
1 cup flour
1 ½ tbsp. honey
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp butter
dash of salt
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 ripe banana, thinly sliced

Mix the salt and flour together. Add in the milk, honey, and butter, stirring to make a dough. (Do not over mix!) Form the dough into a ball, and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Divide the chilled dough in half. Place each half in a quarter gallon Ziploc bag. Roll out really thin inside the bag, making sure the dough is evenly dispersed. (See the pictures below.)Cut each rectangle of dough into fourths. Spread four of the fourths with peanut butter, and top with banana slices. (You won’t use all of the banana.) Put the remaining four squares of dough over each of the filled squares. Use a fork to seal the edges. Bake on an oiled baking pan for 15 minutes.
 
Using a Ziploc bag makes the process a lot easier and a lot less messy. Just evenly press the dough out inside the bag to make the pastry crust.
DSC_0071[1]
I made my banana slices really thin and layered them on top of some spread on peanut butter. You could also mash the banana and peanut butter together to make a spread.


DSC_0076[1]
Here is a little gift card holder envelope that I made to hold a Smoothie King gift card for my friend Tori. Smoothie King is bright and colorful, so I figured that the card should be too.
 
Have a great night! I get to go home tomorrow, so my day has been filled with cleaning up my dorm and getting everything together. I look forward to seeing my family soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment