Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday, and I am dedicating this post to her. I love my mom so much. She is such a hard working, God honoring, and loving woman. I look up to her a lot, and am so glad that God has put her in my life. Usually I like to make her a nice big breakfast and have presents and card for waiting for her when she waked up. This year I am 10 hours away, and the best I could do was call her this morning. Apparently the rest of my family completely forgot it was he birthday. Poor mom. This card I made her and the box of truffles I sent to her in the mail are a sad substitution for what such an amazing lady really deserves.

DSC_0050[1]

I didn't make this cake for my mom (I actually ate it myself.), but it is the thought that counts, right? I would have definitely made her a cake if I had been at home to celebrate with her. Shipping a whole sheet cake would be expensive, but this cake is worth sharing!

greek yogurt yellow cake (1)


Greek Yogurt Yellow Cake
4 eggs
18 ounces plain Greek yogurt
1 ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup flour
½ cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup sugar

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and generously oil a 13.25”X9.25” baking dish. Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the butter, yogurt, and vinegar. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.

greek yogurt yellow cake (4)
Happy birthday Mom! Thanks for being all that you are. You truly are inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment