Thursday, December 12, 2013

Granola Gifts

Hannah and I were busy, busy yesterday doing last minute shopping and crafting before going home for Christmas. Then we hit the kitchen to make her dad some granola. And man did we make some good granola. It was peanut butter chocolate granola that tasted more like a dessert than a healthy breakfast treat. We used the entire oatmeal container to make it, and then ended up with too much to fit back into the container. No worries, a couple of friends stopped by last night and helped us finish off the extras. I had to share the recipe with both of them they loved it so much, so I figured that it was blog worthy.

DSC_0097[1]
Here is the oatmeal container that I decorated with some Christmas paper. If I know one thing about Hannah's dad, it is that he loves dessert. I think he will approve of my paper choices, but not as much as he approves of what's inside.
DSC_0096[1]
 
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola
6 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup oil (I used canola oil.)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup honey roasted peanuts
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 275 degrees. In a small pot over medium low heat, stir together the peanut butter, oil, cocoa powder, and brown sugar until melted. Mix this in with the oats, and spread the granola evenly over two large baking pans. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool completely and harden slightly before stirring in the chocolate chips and peanuts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment