Friday, December 20, 2013

Gag Gifts

I have had a little trouble figuring out what to get people this year. My family is so blessed that we really don't need anything. I decided to have a little fun making gag gifts.

DSC_0106[1]
I made these slippers for my mom out of two large pads wrapped around two smaller ones used as the soles. A tampon made the snowman decoration. I definitely would not advise giving these to any guy or someone you do not know extremely well. I thought they would be funny for my mom, though, especially since she asked for slippers. (Carson got her real slippers.)
DSC_0105[1]

I made this simple toilet paper snowman for Carson. She really does need it. I can't wait until that kid is potty trained. I am not even exaggerating when I say that I had to change 6 poopy diapers the last two days.
DSC_0103[1]
This next recipe will make you pull out the Bing Crosby CD and turn up the fire. I had always wanted to try roasted chestnuts, and I finally got the opportunity to tonight. I had heard that they were not all that good, but I wanted to see for myself. My family and I decided that they taste like a cross between boiled peanuts and corn. They are super sweet, soft, and kind of weird. We all crossed chestnuts off our bucket lists.
 
DSC_0125[1]
 
Roasted Chestnuts
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Using a sharp knife, make slits in the chestnuts to allow steam to escape as they cook. Bake for 20 minutes on a baking pan. Allow the chestnuts to cool before peeling them.

Last of all, here is another cookie recipe. These are chocolate cream cheese, and are just plain delicious.

cream cheese chocolate oatmeal cookies
 
Cream Cheese Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
makes 12
4 ounces cream cheese
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups oatmeal
¾ cup milk
½ cup sugar
½ cup cocoa powder

Beat the egg and cream cheese together. Add in all the other ingredients and stir well. Scoop out on a stone and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment