Sunday, November 17, 2013

Raw "Reeses" Peanut Butter Cup Pie

I apparently have ended the Slow Cooker Sunday segment I have been doing for the past couple of months. I skipped last week, and I don't have a recipe for you this week. I did use my crockpot today, but it was a repeat recipe. I made slow cooker applesauce chicken, but this time I used a chicken breast and added some veggies. It was just as good as I remembered.

Since Slow Cooker Sunday is over, I thought I would post a recipe that is completely polar opposite from your traditional crockpot meal. For starters it is a dessert, can be made in a matter of minutes, and it is raw. Try making something like that in your crockpot. It just won't work. The picture is not the prettiest, and this dessert is not the neatest, but it sure is rich and delicious.

Raw “Reese’s” Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Raw “Reese’s” Peanut Butter Cup Pie
for the crust:
½ cup peanut flour
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp maple syrup
 
for the filling:
1 frozen banana
¼ cup Greek yogurt
3 tbsp peanut butter
 
Mix all the crust ingredients together and spread it out in a bowl lined with tinfoil. Blend the banana, peanut butter, and Greek yogurt together until creamy. Pour it over the crust and put it in the freezer until frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment