Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lemon Pistachio Muffins

Are you all ready for a new muffin recipe? I made these quite awhile ago, but I am just getting around to posting them. I feel like I have done you a disservice by not posting the recipe sooner. These muffins are absolutely delicious. The lemon and pistachio flavors go together amazingly, and that extra crunch of pistachios on top hits the spot. Can you tell by my last two posts that I love pistachios? They go with anything!
lemon pistachio muffins (7)
Lemon Pistachio Muffins
makes 1 dozen muffins
1 cup flour (whole wheat or all purpose)
1 cup oat flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp lemon zest
juice of one lemon
¼ cup applesauce
2 tbsp oil
½ cup milk
1 egg
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup crushed pistachios
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and oil a 12 hole muffin pan. Mix together the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in the lemon zest and ¼ cup chopped pistachios. Stir in all the wet ingredients into the dry. Divide the batter between the muffin holes. Sprinkle some of the remaining ¼ cup chopped pistachios over each muffin. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the muffins to sit for five minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
lemon pistachio muffins (4)
Do you have a favorite nut? Mine seems to change every 6 months or so. I used to not like nuts at all (except for peanut butter, of course). Then I fell in love with pecans. That lasted for awhile, but was eventually replaced with almonds. I think that pistachios now take precedence, but I tried a macadamia nut for the first time the other day. They may be next on my list...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment