Saturday, November 23, 2013

Home Sweet Home!

I never thought I would be so happy to see five people in my entire life as I was to see my family last night. I saw Harp, Mom, and Dad for the first time in two months, Syd for the first time in three months, and Carson for the first time ever. She is such a cutie! I am eat up with her.

Sydney was at a movie, so she is not in the picture. I have enjoyed seeing her too! I love being home with everyone. It is so nice to catch up even though they are all exhausted from their trip to China.

157
Since I came home for the holidays, I thought it would be good if I started posting holiday recipes. Turkey Day is coming up soon, and these turkey balls are the perfect appetizer for a party. They are a spin off of my sausage balls, giving the traditional breakfast ball a new flare.
turkey balls (3)
Turkey Balls
makes 3 dozen
1 pound ground turkey
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella)
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper powder
 
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix the salt, baking powder, flour, and cayenne pepper powder together. Add in the cheese and ground turkey. Mix until everything comes together. Divide the mixture into even balls, using about a tablespoon per ball. Space them out 1” apart on a nonstick baking stone. Bake for 18 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment