Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Gotcha Day Carson!


1459789_10200198479764888_1239097169_n

Today is little Carson's gotcha day. I am sad that I was not there to welcome her into our family, but they sent plenty of pictures. She is such a cutie! My mom said that she laughs at everything, and has the cutest smile. Harp is even eat up with her, and she was the one who had her doubts about a new baby.
DSC_0143[1]
 
My awesome roommate and her friend surprised me by decorating the dorm while I was at class. I came back to find my door looking like this. They are so sweet and thoughtful. Now we have crazy balloons everywhere and streamers all over the ceiling. It's Carson's welcome party from the other side of the world.

DSC_0145[1]
 
She also made these cute cards that I will have to put into the scrapbook that my mom is bound to get me to make for Carson.
1464051_10200198479724887_1261860383_n
 
I cannot believe she is finally ours, and I definitely cannot wait to meet her over Thanksgiving break. It was hard enough having to leave Harper, Mom, Dad, and Sydney who I knew would remember me. Coming back to college is going to be super tough now. I might have to kidnap Carson and take her with me.
      
1396010_10200198479844890_667628768_n


I promise to share the welcome home card I sent Carson later. Now, on to something that every party needs to liven it up.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cake (10)
 
Cake!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cake (8)
I posted this recipe for a peanut butter cake on Carson's birthday. Since gotcha days are way cooler than birthdays, I had to make an even better cake for the occasion. Playing off the peanut butter base recipe that I already had, I threw chocolate into the mix to put it over the top. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cake (1)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cake
¼ cup milk
½ cup oat flour
½ cup applesauce
¼ cup peanut butter
½ cup + 2 tbsp peanut flour
2 eggs
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 ounce finely chopped baking chocolate
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the baking powder, baking soda, milk, salt, eggs, peanut butter, and peanut flour. Whisk together well. Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a separate mixing bowl. Mix in the cocoa powder and chopped chocolate into the batter. Whisk the oat flour into the remaining 2/3 of the batter. Add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to each batter. Grease an 8” cake pan. Pour half of the plain peanut butter batter into the pan. Pour the chocolate batter over that and then top it with the remaining plain batter. Use a knife to swirl the batters around and create a cool design. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to sit in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cake (9)
It is delicious topped with some creamy Greek yogurt and served alongside a glass of cold milk.
 
945455_10200198479804889_1641186580_n
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love you Carson, and am so glad to have you as a little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment